Peace attaches great importance to the protection of user information. We require certain information in order to provide better services to you, and the collection and use of data are explained in this privacy statement. By choosing to use Peace, you acknowledge and accept the existing clauses and possible revisions in the future.
Cell phone adaptor and management function
In order to offer better services and experiences to various types of mobile devices, Peace will check on the operating system version of your cell phone and its screen resolution details to make sure that the image materials are better fit to your screen. The content does not involve your personal identity information such as privacy. We shall not store such information, neither shall we match such information with any of your other personal information.
Picture and file management function in the cell phone
While using Peace, the access to the pictures and files in the cell phone may be required, and these contents are only for you to display and edit in Peace; after receiving your authorization, use file management function to store the pictures edited by you. Peace will not collect or upload data, archives, pictures and any other information, neither will the information generated or uploaded from this be collected. Your information will not be used for other commercial services.
Personal information that we collect
Personal information refers to various information recorded by electronic or other means that can identify the natural
person's personal identity alone or in combination with other information, including but not limited to gender, social
account name, mobile phone number, mailbox, and the like. This information will be collected when you register and use
our services, and Peace will only collect and use your personal information for the purposes set out in this policy:
1.1 Personal information directly provided by you or automatically collected by us
Registration information. To use the services provided by Peace, you can register and log in the registered Peace account. Here, you need to provide the following information to us: account name, profile picture (if any) and mobile phone number etc. After providing the above mentioned information and accepting the registration agreement and this Policy, you can use the core business functions of Peace, including browsing the contents on Peace platform, commenting and downloading etc.
Additional information. When you use the additional business functions of Peace, for the purpose of providing such product and service to you, in addition to the registration information you still need to provide us with further information including but not limited to HealthKit information and other information necessary for us to provide the services to you. If you do not use certain products or services, it is not required to provide the related information (this will be explained in detail hereinafter).
HealthKit. When you turn on HealthKit information synchronization, we will be able to collect the information about your meditation and have the meditation details written into HealthKit, enabling the synchronization for you. We shall never use HealthKit information for push advertisement or to share with a third party. Such information is sensitive information and refusing to provide such information will only make you unable to use related functions but not affect your normal use of the other functions of Peace.
1.2 Cases in which we may obtain your personal information from a third party
You can also log in Peace with a third party account (such as Wechat, Facebook). Here you can choose to authorize Peace to obtain the public information (including but not limited to nickname, profile image, list of followed users etc.) you registered, published or recorded on the third party platform under the premise that it is in accordance with the relevant laws and regulations. We can still require you to further provide the supplementary personal information which is required by us but can not be provided by the third party. The purpose that Peace may obtain your above mentioned information is to remember your login status as the user of Peace, and also to provide customized recommendations to you for Peace to offer you higher quality products and services. You can set the range of personal information that Peace is authorized to use when you are using a third party account to log onto Peace, or deny or manage the permission granted to Peace to obtain your personal information through the setting of the third party while using Peace. However, it should be noted that if certain permissions are suspended you may not be able to enjoy the best service experiences and some services may not be functioning properly as well.
1.3 Exceptions of obtaining authorization and consent
According to the provisions of relevant laws and regulations, it is not required to have your authorized consent for the collection of your personal information in the following situations:
- (1) When it is involving national security and interests, or social and public interests;
- (2) When it is relevant activity related to criminal investigations;
- (3) When it is out of the purpose of safeguarding the life and property safety of yours or others’ and your authorization can not be obtained timely under special circumstances;
- (4) Your personal information collected from other legitimate and public channels;
- (5) Other circumstances as stipulated by laws and regulations.
How is Peace going to use your personal information
We shall use your personal information for the following purposes:
To provide personalized services to you.
- To help us design new services, and enhance the existing service experiences.
- While we are offering services, it is used for the purposes of identity verification, customer service, security protection, fraud monitoring, archiving and backups, ensuring the security of the products and services that we provide to you.
- To send to you the product and service information that you may be interested in; to provide to you advertisements which are more relevant to you to replace mass advertisement; to invite you to take part in Peace events and market research.
- To conduct internal auditing, data analysis and research to further improve our products, services and communications with the customers. For example, how frequent you use the application, corrupted data, overall usage, performance data and the source of the application. We shall not combine the information that we save on the analysis software with any personal identity information that you provide in the application.
How are we going to use Cookie and similar technologies
When you use our service, we shall store a small data file named Cookie on your computer or mobile device. Cookie normally contains identifier, site name and some numbers and characters. We use such information to determine whether the registered user has logged in, and enhance service/product quality and optimize user experience. If you do not wish to have your personal information saved in the Cookie, you can configure the browser and choose to disable Cookie. After disabling Cookie, it is possible that your access to Peace may be affected or the service provided by Peace can not be fully acquired.
- Peace shall not use Cookie for any purpose not stated in this Policy. You can manage or delete Cookie according to your own preference. You can clear all the Cookies saved on the computer. Most internet browsers are built with the functionality to block Cookie.
3.2 Device permission call
In the process of providing services, Peace may require you to allow certain permissions on the device, such as the access permissions to the notification, album, camera, phone address book, and Bluetooth etc. You can also choose to turn off some or all of the permissions in the setting of the device, thus prohibiting Peace from collecting the personal information. In different devices, there may be different ways to display and turn off the permissions, and for the details please refer to the instructions and guidelines of the device and system developer.
How are we going to share, transfer and publicly disclose your personal information
Peace shall not provide your personal information to a third party without your consent or authorization. However, with your confirmation of consent, Peace can share your personal information in the following circumstances.
- Sharing after obtaining consent: after obtaining your explicit consent, Peace will share your personal information with some other parties.
- Sharing under statutory circumstances: we may publicly share your personal information based on the provisions of laws and regulations, the need for the settlement of litigation disputes, or following the requirements proposed by the administrative or judicial authorities.
- • We shall not transfer your personal information to any company, organization or individual, except in the following situations:
- Transferring after obtaining explicit consent: after obtaining your explicit consent, we will transfer your personal information to other parties.
4.3 Public disclosure
We shall only publicly disclose your personal information in the following situations and also under the condition that the safety precautions in accordance with laws and industry standards are taken:
- With your explicit consent;
- Based on laws and regulations, legal proceedings, litigation or mandatory requirement of government administrative departments. However we assure that, under the condition that it is in accordance with laws and regulations, when we receive the above-mentioned request to disclose information, we shall require corresponding legal documents to be provided.
How to manage your personal information
We shall do everything possible to take appropriate technical measures to ensure the accuracy and timely update of the personal information collected about you.
We may use your personal information to provide or promote to you the goods and services of ours or those of a third party through our on site private messaging, email or other methods.
- If you do not wish to receive the information related to the above mentioned goods or services through the registered email address, you can change the setting from「Email Settings」to stop receiving part or all of the emails from Peace.
How are we going to protect and keep your personal information
Peace takes the security of personal information seriously. We adopt standard practices in the internet industry to protect your personal information in order to prevent it from unauthorized access, disclosure, use, alteration, and corruption or loss. We shall take all reasonable and feasible measures to protect your personal information.
- We shall take every reasonable and feasible measure to ensure that the personal information not related to the service provided by Peace is not collected. We shall strive to protect your personal information, but please understand that due to technical limitations and various potential malicious means, it is impossible to ensure 100% security of information all the time in the internet industry. You need to understand that the system and communication network that you use to get access to our service may encounter problems due to the factors beyond our control.
- In the case of personal information security incident, we shall promptly inform you following the requirement of laws and regulations about: the basic situation of the security incident and potential impact, the measures that we have taken or are going to take, the recommendations for you to prevent or lower risks from your side, and the remedial measures for you etc. We shall inform you about the relevant information of the incident through email, letter, phone call, push notification etc. When it is difficult to notify the owner of the personal information one by one, we shall take an reasonable and effective approach to issue an announcement.
- Meanwhile, following the requirement of the regulatory department, we shall also take an initiative to submit a report with regards to how the personal information security incident has been handled.
- The personal information that we collect and generate within the People’s Republic of China shall be kept within the People’s Republic of China. If it is required to transmit the relevant personal information collected within the People’s Republic of China to overseas institutions for handling cross border business in the future, we shall obtain your consent beforehand and implement it following the provisions of the laws, administrative regulations and relevant regulatory departments, and also request the overseas institution through effective measures such as signing an agreement and verifying etc. to keep the obtained personal information confidential.
- We shall only keep your personal information within the time limit which is necessary for achieving the purposes stated in this Policy, however, for the purposes of complying with applicable laws and regulations, judicial decisions or rulings, or the requirement of other authorities, or safeguarding public interests etc., we may duly extend the period of time that the personal information is kept.
- If you want your accessing data to be deleted, please contact us at email@example.com and we will delete the data in response to your request.
The management and security of personal information
Without permission, Peace shall not disclose your information to third parties except in the following situations:
- With authorization obtained;
- Disclosing to third persons or administrative authorities or judicial authorities as required by legal regulations, or the requirements of administrative authorities or judicial authorities;
- Accepting Peace’s service terms and related software licensing agreement; Peace strictly protects the security of your personal information. We shall adopt various security technologies and programs to protect your personal information, and prohibit any unauthorized access, use or disclosure;
- Disclosing to the respondent as required by the respondent, when you are the rights owner and lodged a complaint about the act of others infringing your interests on Peace;
- When the rights owner believes that your act on Peace infringed his/her legal rights and lodged a complaint, it can be disclosed to the rights owner;
- Other cases in which it is deemed by Peace as appropriate to be disclosed, following the laws and Peace rules;
- When it is for the purpose of safeguarding the legitimate rights and interests of Peace;
- To safeguard the social and public interest;
- In order to cooperate when it comes to legal requirements, summons or orders of the governments or laws, or to protect the systems and users of Peace, or to ensure the integrity and operation of the business and system of Peace, Peace can obtain and disclose any information as deemed necessary or appropriate by Peace, including but not limited to user’s personal information, IP address and traffic information, using history and posted contents;
- Other legal claims.
Peace is not responsible for verifying the authenticity, accuracy or integrity of the personal information that you provide, you should be solely responsible for any issue and its consequence resulted from false or inaccurate or incomplete information. Moreover you should also assure that Peace is indemnified for any damage or responsibility thus incurred. If Peace discovers that the personal information that you provide is false, inaccurate or incomplete, Peace reserves the right at its sole discretion to stop providing the service to you.
Peace does not assume any legal responsibility for the following matters:
- Peace is not actually involved in the treatment of your mental health problem, and the functions of this App are only for supplementary tuneup, and you fully understand and accept this;
- Peace provides your personal information based on the laws and regulations, legal procedures, legal actions or the mandatory requirements of the government administration departments;
- You shall be held liable for the information that you post and any other activities that you conduct on Peace, and Peace is not responsible for them at all.
- As an open platform, when the user upload the personal data such as personal information, article or pictures onto Peace, it is possible that such data may be copied, reproduced, tampered with or used illegally by other individuals or organizations, and the users must be fully aware of the existence of such risks. As a web service provider, Peace is not responsible for any statements, declarations or contents provided by the users on any forums, personal pages or other interactive sections. You explicitly consent to be solely responsible for the risks existing in using the service of Peace and all the consequences produced, and Peace has no responsibility for the above mentioned risks or consequences.
- Illegal use, unauthorized use, alteration or loss of account or password due to hacker attack, mobile virus or force majeure such as the temporary shutdown of the government regulation etc., or due to your negligence in custody. Or the leaking, loss or alteration etc. of your personal data because of the other websites linked to this website;
- Peace does not guarantee that the service will meet your requirement for sure; Peace does not guarantee that the service will not be interrupted, nor does Peace guarantee the timeliness, safety or accuracy of the service;
- Peace is not responsible for any contents published, saved or uploaded by you, other users or any third parties, nor is Peace responsible for any loss or damage caused by such contents;
- Peace assumes no responsibility when you breach this Agreement, act against moral principals or laws, infringe other people’s rights (including but not limited to intellectual property rights). Moreover, Peace is not responsible for any service sent by any third party via Peace, or any contents contained in the service.
- Provisions in various services and specified declarations of Peace, and cases using exemptions.
- As the copyright owner of some contents could not be reached, we hope that the owner of the copyright can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org after seeing this, and we are ready to make the payment accordingly, or we can duly remove it if our form of communication is not accepted.
How is this Policy updated and its application
Peace reserves the right to update or modify this policy from time to time. If these changes result in a substantial
reduction in your rights under this policy, Peace will send you notifications of changes through various channels,
including but not limited to website postings, private notices, etc.
Peace shall update this Privacy Statement from time to time, and we shall publish the revision of the published contents of Privacy Statement on the website. Peace shall always be committed to comprehensively protecting user information and providing better experience and service for you.